Monday, May 29, 2017

Undercover Intentions by Sapphire Knight WITH REVIEW

Title: Undercover Intentions
Series: Russkaya Mafiya Spin-Off
Author: Sapphire Knight
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Release Date:  May 29, 2017

 Beau 
Not everyone born of Mafiya blood wants to be in the life.
I was determined to never go anywhere near it. Headed in the 
opposite direction, I pushed away from my family and their legacy.
Until they needed me.
And then...so did she.
I got sucked in too deep, going after her and trying to save them all. 
Now, there's no turning back. I'd do anything for my cousins, for Sasha. 
After all, family is everything.
Displaying trublue_0099cb_review.png

Undercover Intentions by Sapphire Knight

I received an Arc for an honest review. 

3.5 Stars

In this book we follow the story of Beau and Sasha. Beau is a cop who is considered royalty in the Russkaya Mafiya. He decided to take a different path in life and became a cop. While on leave from his job he gets word someone is selling women. He decides to check it out. That's when his life begins to change forever. He meets Sasha, who is for sale and he feels drawn to her. He decides to dive in head first to end the human trafficking.

It's an interesting story but I did have some issues with it. On one hand I feel horrible for what Sasha endured from childhood. On the other hand she seriously annoys me. Like one minute she's terrified then the next she's yelling at Beau. I understand she's trying to find her way and discover what life is like when she's free.  Just her change in demeanors didn't seem genuine.
I also felt like it was incomplete. I mean I feel like some parts were drawn out and others were rushed. Although I did enjoy parts of the story and Beau is a likeable character. He is certainly book boyfriend material.

I should point out this is my first Sapphire Knight book.
I gave this book 3 stars. I liked parts of it and there were parts I didn't like.
This book does include sex and cursing
There is some sex, mention of abuse, and human trafficking.


“Sapphire Knight hit it out of the park with this surprise book.” ~Melony Hobgood
“I loved Beau, he was a protector and he was caring and thoughtful…” - Heather Andrews
Sapphire Knight is the International Bestselling Author of Secrets, Exposed, Relinquish, Corrupted, Forsaken Control, Unwanted Sacrifices, Friction and Unexpected Forfeit. The series are called Russkaya Mafiya, Oath Keepers MC, Ground and Pound and Dirty Down South.
Her books all reflect on what she loves to read herself.
Sapphire is a Texas girl who is crazy about football. She has always had a knack for writing, whether it is poems or stories. She originally studied psychology and that has only added to her passion for writing. She has two boys and has been married for ten years. When she's not busy in her writing cave, she's busy playing with her three Doberman Pinschers. She loves to donate to help animals and watching a good action movie.
HOSTED BY:

No comments:

Post a Comment