Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Decimation by Tich Brewster WITH Reviews




Young Adult Paranormal
Date Published: 3/29/2016


Synopsis:
Armageddon has arrived and the kings of hell are out for Hannah’s blood. 

Hannah is the only one that can destroy hell and save the world from destruction. She diligently trains with her father in preparation of her final battle with evil. The task of slaying demons in the few short months that she’s been a Devada has changed her — she’s no longer the scared, innocent girl she once was.

When she rescues a frightened little boy, she gets more than she bargained for. He is the host body for Liehijon and Liehijon is the key to finding Sata
n.



Purchase Links





Excerpt:
I want my momma, the child’s quivering voice came through crystal clear in her mind.
Where are you?
I’m in my bedroom, hiding from the monsters.
Her heart broke for this little boy. Where is your house?
He sniffled. On Fifth Street. A cry tore from his throat. Please don’t let them hurt me.
I will not let them hurt you. Can you tell me where your house is at on Fifth Street? Assuming she was not losing her mind, she needed to find his house before the demons decided to go back and finish what they had started.
The playground is across the street.
Good. She knew exactly where he was. There was only one playground in the entire town—the elementary school. Is your house in front of the school or is it in front of the playground?
The playground.
You’re doing great. Now she just needed to know which house, it could be one of three. Can you tell me what your house looks like? Do you have any toys in the front yard?
For a long moment silence filled the space between them, and she feared she’d lost the connection. Then after what seemed like an eternity he spoke. My house is grey. Sammy’s doghouse is by the porch.
Good. Can you think of anything else that might help me find you? She needed as much detail as she could get from him.
Um, he thought for a bit. I live on the corner.
Bingo, that was all the information she needed in order to find him. Great job…what was his name? Had she even asked? No, she had been so focused on locating the poor boy, she completely forgot to ask him his name. What’s your name?
Austen.
Austen, I will be there as soon as I can. You stay hidden in your room and don’t come out until I get there. Do you understand?
No response.
Austen?
I can hear them.
Crap. I’m on my way. She hoped she snapped back to reality ASAP. If what she just experienced was some sort of telepathic communication, like what she experienced with her father when he was in Hell, then she needed to hurry and get to Austen before the demons found him.


Reviews:
Decimation
Book 3
4 Stars

I was given a book in exchange for an honest review free of persuasion from the author or anyone else affiliated with this book.

Armageddon is brewing and the team is doing what they can to stop it. Once again we have the point of view of Hannah the angelic Devada. She is just as sassy as ever. They will not only have fight with the demon Kings but hellhounds are on the loose. A little frightened boy is possessed by the Gateway to Hell, Hannah will try anything to save the boy.

Once again this book was extremely fast paced and reads incredibly fast. Without even realizing it you are done. I like the characters a lot. I feel that Hannah is changing. She has her soft moments but she is getting a little scary. Raum keeps her grounded and not flying over the deep end but I'm not sure how long that will last. She has seen too much and is pretty jaded. I will interested to see what the rest of the series does to her. I feel like I didn't get enough of Josh this book. He has been one of my favorites and he felt like a sideline player this book. I hope he comes back and we hear more about him. I would also love to see some back history of the boys. They have lived over 200 years and I'm sure they have seen some amazing things.

My favorite part of the book was their first encounter with a Hellhound. It was so perfectly described I could feel it's warm sulfuric breath on my face. It was astonishing. I look forward to see where this series goes. Every book has left you on a cliffhanger so I'm dying to know what happens next. 



Divulgence
Book 2
4.5 Stars

I was asked to give an honest review free of persuasion from the author or anyone else affiliated with this book.

Book one left us on a cliff hanger when she answers her phone to her dad on the other line.  It picked up from there.  Hannah is becoming a strong Devada training for the Armageddon .  She has a deep connection with Raum which continues to develop.  We begin to learn what makes her special and just how strong of a Devada she is.  This definitely leaves you with a cliff hanger so be prepared to have your mouth open.

I found myself just swallowing this book whole.  The way the author writes is so well you don't even realize that you devoured the whole book.  It reads so fast and the dialogue is well placed.  I really like Hannah.  She seems to turn a little darker in this book which is ok given everything she has been through.  I actually really like the darker Hannah.  She is fueled by anger which is making her strong.  My favorite part was the battle in the school.  It was fantastic and gory.  It was fast paced and couldn't get enough.  I look forward to reading the next book in the series and the upcoming Armageddon.


Devada
Book 1
4 Stars


I was asked to give an honest review free of persuasion from the author or anyone else affiliated with this book.

An Armageddon is coming.  What can save the world from demons? Hannah can and she will because is a Devada.  She was created to fight demons.  She has help of course from two Daimons, Josh and Raum.  It is a fast paced fantasy that will keep your eyes glued to the pages.


First this book read super fast.  I couldn't believe that before I knew it I was at 90%.  It flowed so nicely that I forgot I was reading and not watching a tv show.  I liked all the characters because they were well written and developed.  My favorite character is Raum.  I love me a snarky and cocky guy.  He makes me laugh with his smart comments and winks.  I would have problems not wanting to date him if I was in this world.  My favorite moment was in the tunnel.  It was a special moment when Hannah feels her power.  I won't go too far into the description because it will give too much away.  I liked that moment. It gave me chills and something to root for.  I look forward to reading the rest of the series because I am hooked.  I would recommend this series to any angel loving fantasy fans.


Author Bio
Tich is an Oklahoma resident and the mother of five. Her passion for reading started at an early age when her Aunt Vicky gave her the novel Heidi for Christmas. She didn't start writing until middle school, after being inspired by her best friend's short stories. "Genny's stories weren't just great but they inspired me to put my pen and paper to good use." Tich never thought of publishing her works until working with Teresa on the Royal Blood series.



Contact Links:

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for participating in my blog tour and for the reviews!

    ReplyDelete